As you begin publishing more, your old articles are buried under the recent posts. If your articles don’t get views, they will earn you nothing. Furthermore, deleting your old articles is not a permanent solution, however, you can update to make it relevant. In this article, you will find some tips on updating old articles and generating traffic to your old contents
If you focus on publishing articles about current happenings, you can simply let go such kinds of articles. However, if you publish informative articles, it is necessary to promote your older works. Alternatively, you can also make your old article on the current topic relevant by updating massively. Updating includes deleting unimportant paragraphs and adding new information. If you wrote and published an article “Valentine Day Gift Ideas for 2014” in 2014, you can make it relevant by tweaking the title “Valentine Day Gift Ideas for 2016” and adding fresh content.
There are various ways to promote your old articles.
- Publish a new article with a similar topic of your old article and backlink to your old article.
- Publish a new article with one or two line introduction to your old article and share the links in your new posts.
- Share your links on social bookmarking sites such as StumbleUpon, Reddit, Pinterest etc.
- Backlink your article links in your online contents that you publish on other sites.
- Share your articles on social media such as facebook, twitter, and google plus. Become active on social networks. Share your successful posts with the recent updates.
- Join Forum and answering sites and share your links.
- When you market your contents through email, don’t just share URLs, write a teaser or intro.
Points to Remember
- Don’t spam by sharing excessively. Excessive sharing is bad online behavior. If you overdo sharing, no one will be interested in clicking the links.
- Always try legitimate ways to earn traffic and never participate in a traffic exchange.
Promoting your online article will earn you traffic and hence earn you money, however, in my opinion, if you promote the article with high views and comments, it will be more beneficial to your earnings. Article with high stats means it is liked by more people. If many readers on your connection like your article, it is likely that your friends on social media will also like it. Article with low stats means fewer readers liked it, thus chances of the article getting visits after your market and promote your content are less.
Photo source: author