It is said social media activity is number one activity on the internet and facebook is the most used social media, after facebok, the most used social media is YouTube. Facebook and YouTube are just two social media platforms, there are hundreds of if not thousands, social media platforms.
The basics of ranking top on search engines and generating constant traffic from web and social media is optimizing online article for search engines and social media (SEO, SMO).
As an online writer, you are also the promoter of your contents. You as an active and sincere online writer, you must have accounts on various social media platforms. If you don’t do the marketing, your contents will lose traffic. One of the best ways to promote your contents is by using social media as your marketing tool. You can share your links on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, or share your published works on social blogging sites such as Blogger, WordPress etc. and social bookmarking sites such asPinterest, StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit etc.
- Create accounts on different social media platforms and build large circle/follower/subscriber/connection/friends.
- Always connect with like-minded people.
- Find people who are interested in your topic.
- Don’t use social media just to share links, interact with people as well.
- Always follow back people who are genuinely interested in your topic. If you write about fashion, there is no point on connecting with people who are only interested in religion.
- Connect with same people across different social media networks.
- Share yours as well as your friends’ contents.
- Don’t do over sharing. The accepted standard of good social media sharking is, your sharing includes only 20 percent of your own work and 80 percent of your friend’s works.
- Interact with people who respond to your works. When people retweet your link, thank them on Google + by sharing their works.
- The cross-stream interaction is helpful to promote your works.
- When you share your works, always write a teaser/intro.
- Don’t share the same content over and over, or the same content on different social media platforms at the same time.
The Most Important Point for Social Media Optimization and Social Media Marketing is…
Focus on Successful Online Articles
If you publish online contents regularly, you will notice, some of your contents manage to get views while some fail miserably. You may be surprised to know that about 80 percent of online traffic is generated by only 20 percent of your online contents.
Photo source: author