Today the 20th of August 2016, I happened to attend a wedding between Paul Arunga and Alice Muhonja which was done at Mudasa Academy. It was a colorful wedding ceremony. I wondered what one can learn from wedding ceremonies. Apart from witnessing the exchange of marriage vows, what else can you learn there?
From Wedding Ceremonies We Learn How People Dress
It is easy to determine the hottest trend if you look at the clothes worn to wedding ceremonies. This is the time when people dress very well. You can choose the best attire here. It is as if one is in a fashion parade.
We Can Get Good Sermons From Wedding Ceremonies
Here is the sermon which was delivered, following Proverbs 24:3. It says, “By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established.”
• Wisdom should prevail in our families. The couple should be wise. They should have proper communication in their house. Communication breakdown is the cause of many family breakups.
• Families, through wisdom, must learn to forgive each other. Many families do not know how to forgive. They count every mistake. Ladies have a storing memory of about 30 GB, while men have almost to nil. When we forgive, then, we do not store things.
• Through wisdom, we should learn to invest. Investment keeps families together.
• Through wisdom, families should learn to pray together. Prayer holds families together and reverts problems.
• With wisdom comes understanding. Understanding gives birth to love. Love binds a family together.
You can learn all these things from listening to the sermons at wedding ceremonies.
Through a Wedding Ceremony, We Learn How to Cater to Our Visitors
Usually, many visitors are invited to a wedding ceremony. One should cater to them so that they do not grumble and complain. Give them enough food and drink.
Wedding Ceremonies Remind Us of Our Youth
Here we learn that we were once young but now we are old. Wedding ceremonies should remind us of our vows too. We swore to stay together with our spouses till death do us part. Yet many of us today are not in relationships. We have broken up or divorced. We are reminded that God does not want to hear the word called ‘divorce’.
What lessons do you learn from weddings? There are so many things one learns from events of life. We need to write about them.
Featured image: Unsplash/Pixabay/CCO, Public domain